KITRON is a family-run winery located in the Galilee wine region, in the Jezreel Valley. It is the only winery in Israel and one of the few in the world that produces wines using the gravity method. The grapes are grown in small plots, the ripe fruits are harvested by hand, and the wine is matured in French oak barrels. It was the Kitron winery that made the entire wine industry of Galilee famous.
KITRON gravity winery
The Kitron winery produces its wines according to the gravitational method, that is, the whole point is that the vinification stage takes place without mechanical force under the influence of gravity. The winery consists of four levels: acceptance – crushing, fermentation – aging – bottling. KITRON has completely abandoned the use of pumps for assembling and delesto-repair, focusing on the quality of growing and receiving wine grapes.
The construction of the winery was attended by professionals from an American company that specializes in gravity wineries. KITRON is literally “built” into the hill, taking into account the wine specification for a project that has been “brought to life” for many years with a great investment.
KITRON – Kosher wineries in Israel
Book a wine tour to the Kitron winery and taste the local wine, you won’t want to leave home without a gift. You can also order unique wine anywhere in the country or the world for your friends and family on the official website kitronwinery.com.
- Cabernet Sauvignon is a dry red wine aged for 32 months. The grapes are grown in the Golan Heights, in an area with an ideal microclimate and soil.
- Chardonnay – white dry from 100% Chardonnay grapes, aged for 24 months. The vineyard is located at a low altitude in Upper Galilee. Fermentation of wine begins in stainless steel tanks, within 2 months, and ends – in oak barrels from France.
- Shiraz – red dry, aged for 30 months. The Menara vineyard is located at a high altitude in Upper Galilee, where the berries acquire a pronounced smoky and mild flavor.
- Tigger is a dry red wine made from two grape varieties – Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon. Aged for 18 months in French oak barrels.
- Likha is a dry red blended wine aged 16 months. The soft and discreet taste is provided by mixing 3 grape varieties – Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, and Merlot.
- Somka is the most popular wine of the Kitron winery, aged 36 months. In Aramaic, “catfish” means bright red. The main grape variety in production is Cabernet Sauvignon and a small percentage of shiraz addition.
- Dessert – semi-dry strong wine (port), aged for 24 months. The rich and soft taste of the wine is obtained through a unique combination of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, based on the Portuguese production traditions.
- Merlot is a dry red wine made from Merlot grapes, aged for 18 months. The vineyards are located in the Jerusalem Hills at an altitude of over 800 meters above sea level, it is here that the Merlot variety reaches its optimal maturity.